San Diego Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Workplace accidents can and do happen — even in the safest jobs. According to the California Department of Industrial Relations, over 460,000 non-fatal injuries and illnesses occur on the job yearly.
The majority of these accidents and injuries occurred in the private sector. If you have been injured on the job and are looking to file a workers’ compensation claim in San Diego, you need the help of an experienced San Diego workers’ compensation lawyer.
The process of filing for work comp can be quite tedious and confusing. With Harker Injury Law on your side, however, your claim will be filed correctly and within the required timeframe. We make the process of securing your benefits smooth and easy.
Contact us at 760.533.6979 for a free initial consultation or fill out our callback form to talk to an experienced San Diego workers’ compensation lawyer at our local law office.
Why You Should Hire a San Diego Workers’ Compensation Attorney
People who have been injured on the job are likely to worry about paying their rapidly growing medical bills, possible lost wages, and the possibility of not being able to work if the injuries lead to permanent disability.
This is a difficult thing to endure when your energy should be focused on getting better. Hiring a workers’ compensation lawyer in San Diego means that you can be confident about getting the money needed to pay your bills.
Our workers’ compensation attorneys in San Diego, CA, can provide you with effective legal advice and file on your behalf very quickly. California workers’ compensation law stipulates that your claim must be submitted within a timeframe. Otherwise, you’re at risk of getting a lower settlement, losing out on your compensation entirely, or getting your workers’ comp claim denied.
At Harker Injury Law, our job is to make sure that injured workers get the maximum possible settlement possible so you never have to worry. With your case settled and your financial situation stabilized, you can just focus on getting better and going back to work if possible.
Our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys are intimately familiar with California’s workers’ compensation law. As such, we’re better equipped to accurately calculate how much you’ll get as payment for your injuries. This is important because the insurance companies will notice if you are making an attempt on your own and will be more likely to pay you less than you need.
With an experienced workers’ compensation attorney in San Diego on your side, you can get a fair amount. If you have any questions or need more information about how we may be able to help, get in touch with Harker Injury Law.
We will work hard to get you what you deserve. Call 760.533.6979 to speak to a workers’ compensation attorney or fill out this form if you want us to call you.
Causes of Workplace Injury in San Diego, CA 92108
In California, numerous factors influence workplace injuries in the industrial, non-industrial, private, or public sectors. These variables may account for the most common reasons why workers are injured on the job.
The common causes of workplace injuries include:
- Overexertion — Common with frequent lifting, pushing, throwing, carrying, holding, or turning
- Repetitive motion — Puts undue strain or stress on certain parts of the body
- Slips, trips, and falls — Could be in the form of falling on the same level, colliding with a stationary or moving object, falling from an elevated height, falling through surfaces, or falling from temporary structures like scaffolds or ladders
- Jumping — May occur when an individual has to jump from higher to a lower level due to an emergency or dangerous situation
- Contact with a moving or stationary object — Workers may be hit by heavy machinery, falling objects, caught in-between moving parts of equipment, or crushed by a heavy object
There are many more possible causes of work-related injuries, all of which can contribute to severe health issues and even death. In California, filing a workers’ compensation is your right.
The good news, though, is that California workers’ compensation law is designed to help expedite the process of compensation. California runs a no-fault working workers’ compensation system, which means that there doesn’t necessarily need to be fingers pointed and people blamed in order to establish a work comp case.
Therefore, there’s no need to take your employer to court — unless there are extenuating circumstances. All injured workers have a right to receive adequate compensation for injuries sustained at work.
Even undocumented workers who are injured at work have the same rights in San Diego. If you want to make sure that you receive maximum workers’ benefits for your work-related condition, talk to Harker Injury Law firm.
We offer a free initial consultation where we assess your case. Contact our local law office at 760.533.6979 or schedule a callback to speak with one of our experienced San Diego personal injury lawyers.
San Diego Workers’ Compensation Claims Process
Even though the workers’ comp claims process seems straightforward, it’s often too confusing for most injured workers who are getting medical treatment and trying to recover. There are forms to fill, legal time limits to stick to, workers’ compensation law requirements to learn, and much more to consider.
Ultimately, this process is best handled by skilled workers’ compensation lawyers who understand national and local law. This way, injured workers seeking workers’ comp benefits can get their medical treatment and get back to work.
With the help of Harker Injury Law, filing a workers’ compensation claim in California usually involves the following:
- Filing an official report of the incident so it’s on record that the incident occurred
- Filing the claim with your employer
- Filing an Application for the Adjudication of Claims with the state’s compensation board
All three steps must be accomplished in a timely manner, or else you risk having your claim denied and benefits withheld. Even though this process might seem simple, it’s not, particularly if you’re dealing with an occupational illness or cumulative trauma disorder.
You need an attorney who has handled several workers’ compensation cases in San Diego and understands how to navigate the potential “landmines” that can result in the denial of your entitlements.
Harker Injury Law is the right option for you if you’re looking for skilled workers’ comp attorneys in San Diego. If you have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed before committing to a local law firm, we offer free legal consultation for all work injury cases.
Call our law firm at 760.533.6979 to book a free initial consultation about your work injury.
What Workers’ Compensation Covers in San Diego, CA 92108
All injured workers in San Diego are entitled to certain benefits when they file a workers’ comp claim. The State of California has also made sure that the benefits received from work comp claims are tax-exempt.
Most workers’ comp benefits will cover the following:
- Medical treatment expenses — This covers direct and indirect costs associated with receiving medical treatment for the injuries sustained at work. Transport to and from the hospitals, medications, medical aid devices, and other medical expenses may be included.
- Temporary disability benefits — Workers who need to spend time away from work so they can recuperate receive 2/3 of their weekly wages to cover lost wages. Depending on their situation, injured workers may receive this payment for up to 104 weeks or 204 weeks in cases of chronic lung disease.
- Permanent disability benefits — If your injuries affect your ability to go back to work, you may qualify to receive benefit entitlements for between 4 weeks and 14 years. Experienced workers’ comp attorneys will help you figure it all out.
- Life pension benefits — Workers whose injuries result in 70 to 99 percent permanent disability may end up receiving weekly payments in addition to permanent disability payments. The weekly amount is to be paid to the recipient for the rest of his or her life.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits — If a worker is unable to go back to his or her previous role due to disability and the employer is unable to provide an alternative, the worker can file for these benefits.
- Death benefits — Only relatives of deceased workers whose death was directly linked to the injuries sustained while working can receive these payments.
If you’d like to learn more about the entitlements you can file for in San Diego, California, our legal team at Harker Injury Law may be able to help.
Schedule a callback here or call 760.533.6979 for a free case evaluation.
Why Harker Injury Law is the Right Choice
Workers’ compensation cases in San Diego can be complex and difficult. The legal team at Harker Injury Law can help you figure out how much you can receive as payment for your injuries and help pursue that goal.
Driven by justice and fairness, we go the extra mile to take care of our clients’ needs. We treat each like family and are committed to helping you get the maximum settlement amount possible.
We work on a contingency basis, so you only pay us when we help you recover your money. We’ve won millions of dollars for our clients and can do the same for you. Get in touch with us today if you want to file a workers’ compensation claim in San Diego, CA.
Call 760.533.6979 or fill out our contact form to have a lawyer with our local law office call you.