Motorcycle riders know the risk they assume in exchange for the excitement and freedom of riding. But they also know, as we do at Harker Injury Law, that they have a right to ride and a right to the duty of care we all owe each other on the road, whether in a car or truck or on a motorcycle.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in the San Diego area that someone else caused, you have rights. This includes the right to compensation for your injuries and losses. Harker Injury Law will help you protect and exercise your rights after a motorcycle accident.
Bronson Harker and other members of Harker Injury Law have had friends, family members and clients suffer serious injuries in crashes. We understand the long-lasting consequences of serious motorcycle accidents, and want to do what we can as personal injury lawyers to make things right for you and your family.
We will build a solid case to hold the negligent driver and any others responsible for your motorcycle accident accountable for their actions, and seek full compensation for your injuries and losses.
Contact Harker Injury Law in San Diego today for a free consultation about your motorcycle accident and a potential legal claim. Let us look out for you while you focus on your recovery and family needs. We’ll take up the fight to make your financial future right.
Let Us Take the Lead in Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
While thousands of motorcyclists are injured in accidents in San Diego and Southern California every year, when you or a loved one is involved in a serious motorcycle accident, it is a unique and new experience.
Part of the experience is likely to be shock, stress, confusion and even anger on the part of the injured motorcyclist and his or her family. But accident victims or family members who interact with police, the other driver, insurers and others can make costly mistakes in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident.
It is best to obtain legal help from an experienced California motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible after being seriously injured in a motorcycle crash. If someone else caused your accident, there is money at stake that can pay for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage to your motorcycle, your pain and suffering, and more.
Bronson Harker and Harker Injury Law will respond promptly after your motorcycle accident and stand up for you. We protect injured motorcyclists when motorists try to make excuses — He came out of nowhere! — or blame the rider for an accident.
Contact Harker Injury Law in San Diego today for:
- Free, no obligation legal consultation. We’ll meet with you to review the circumstances of your accident, the extent of your injuries, and the potential to obtain compensation for you. If someone else caused your motorcycle accident, it’s likely they can be held accountable and compelled to compensate you.
- Investigation of your motorcycle accident. We’ll gather the evidence, witness statements, police reports, etc., to determine what happened and who is at fault. You may know that a motorist hit you, but our investigation may show that additional third parties, such as the motorist’s employer, a bartender that served a drunk driver, etc., are also liable and owe you compensation for your losses.
- Calculation of the full extent of your losses. You should be compensated for all past, present and future costs and losses due to your motorcycle accident. We can have independent medical professionals analyze your medical records and prognosis for recovery, including anticipated medical needs. We’ll also account for lost income, including any losses due to diminished earning capacity; costs to repair or replace your bike and other damaged gear; and more. We’ll discuss with you documenting your personal journey of recovery to demonstrate what you deserve as compensation for your pain and suffering.
- Management of your insurance claims. We’ll deal with insurers so you don’t have to. We will identify all parties liable for your motorcycle accident and applicable insurance coverage they hold, and file very possible claim for full compensation to you. If insurers will not do the responsible thing, we will file one or more personal injury lawsuits demanding compensation and asking the court to order payment to you.
- Aggressive negotiations and skilled litigation. As your advocates, we will push aggressively for insurers to provide comprehensive payment of your claim. We will press relentlessly for payment as we mitigate any evidence that may detract from your claim. If we cannot obtain an appropriate settlement outside of court, we will present a solid and persuasive case before judge and jury.
- Full-service, attentive legal representation. When Bronson Harker is your attorney, you have access to the Harker Injury Law 24/7 via phone or text. We’ll answer your questions and concerns, and keep you up to date on the status of your case. We’ll manage all communication with insurers and others. We’ll head off your creditors by sending “letters of representation” advising them that Harker Injury Law is pursuing a legal claims for you and payment is pending. We’ll stay up to date on your medical care and recovery to make sure we know how you are doing and whether there’s anything else we can do to help you.
Talk to Harker Injury Law before agreeing to anything proposed or presented by any insurance company after a motorcycle accident. Insurance adjusters are not there to treat you fairly. Their obligation is to their employer’s bottom line.
Harker Injury Law will develop an insurance claim that accounts of all of your losses from a motorcycle accident, including anticipated expenses, which but insurers will ignore if not pressed by knowledgeable attorneys.
Remember, Harker Injury Law pursues motorcycle accident claims on a contingency-fee basis.
It costs you nothing to seek justice with Harker Injury Law by your side. We pay all investigative and legal costs up front, and accept payment only as an agreed-upon portion of money we win for you.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Disabilities
It is a distressing fact that many motorcyclists who survive motorcycle accidents become permanently disabled by their injuries. Motorcycle accidents are notorious for causing such disabling and disfiguring injuries as:
- Head and traumatic brain injury (TBI) with physical and cognitive impairment
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis (paraplegia, tetraplegia)
- Complex / crushing fractures of legs, pelvis, vertebrae, jaw and facial bones
- Traumatic or surgical amputation of legs, arms, feet, hands, etc.
In cases of disability after a motorcycle accident, it is necessary to document future costs and losses if you are to pursue the full insurance compensation you need and deserve.
Harker Injury Law turns to consultants we regularly work with in such cases to ensure the claims we file on your behalf provide a full accounting of what’s necessary to ensure you and your family are made financially whole.
To document anticipated medical costs in your future, we would work with experts to develop a life care plan. This plan takes into account an accident victim’s medical prognosis and needs for long-term medical and rehabilitative care, as well as requirements of their lifestyle as a person with physical and emotional challenges.
A life care plan is customized for the individual. It provides detailed accounting of multiple needs over the patient’s expected lifespan, as well as their anticipated costs.
Such a planning document may address:
- Medical tests, exams and treatment, including delayed reparative or cosmetic surgery
- Consumable medical supplies
- Physical rehabilitation, i.e., occupational and/or vocational therapy
- Psychological assessment and therapy / counseling
- Prosthetics or orthodontics
- Adaptive devices (e.g., walker, wheelchair, communication devices, etc.), including schedules for maintenance and eventual replacement
- Adapted transportation (e.g., modified vehicle controls, van with lift, etc.), including schedules for maintenance and eventual replacement, or hired transportation assistance
- Adaptation to home and/or furnishings (e.g., ramps, wider doorways, lavatory renovations, hospital bed, etc.)
- In-home aide, nursing care or personal assistance
- Institutional care
It is also appropriate to consider and seek compensation for family members’ needs. The spouse, child or other close relative of a motorcyclist disabled in a crash has their life upended as well. They may benefit from psychological counseling or other assistance, which should be compensated as an expense of the accident.
The disabled motorcyclist will also suffer a loss of income, which over the course of their lifetime could exceed medical costs of the accident. With the help of financial consultants, we can calculate these losses, too.
Depending on the injured motorcycle rider’s previous employment and education and training, compensable lost income may include the value of:
- Salary, including unrealized COLA and merit raises over their expected work life had the accident not occurred.
- Fringe benefits, including health and life insurance, retirement plan contributions and other tax-deferred payments, stock options, etc., and the unrealized growth of invested funds.
- Unrealized salary/wage increases due to anticipated promotion or other career advancement.
Harker Injury Law has the knowledge, experience and dedication necessary to go the extra mile to identify all of your compensable losses after a motorcycle accident, as well as every person or entity that should compensate you.
We also have a track record of holding individuals and other entities accountable when their negligence has contributed to a motorcycle accident that has left a rider seriously injured. We do not back down from negligent defendants and/or insurers with deep pockets to defend their wrongdoing. We’ll fight for you.
Contact Our San Diego Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
San Diego attorney Bronson Harker fights aggressively to seek the compensation each client deserves and needs to move forward after being unjustly injured in a motorcycle accident. Harker Injury Law team has the skills and the resources needed to take on insurance companies, and will always put your best interests first.
After a motorcycle accident that has caused serious injury, Harker Injury Law will take on the burden of making things right financially for you and your family. We work with individuals and families in the San Diego, El Cajon, Escondido, and Riverside areas of Southern California.
We provide legal services on a contingency-fee basis. We’ll investigate your motorcycle accident and pursue the maximum compensation available to you without charge unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Contact us now to set up your free initial legal consultation.